Marilyn Atkinson, PhD coaches a participant from The Art & Science of Coaching Module 1. Transactional coaching with interesting questions.
Powerful questions / statements:
- In this 10-15 minutes, if you could achieve something really helpful, what would it be?
- No, your statements are perfect!
- On a scale from 1-10, where would you say you are now?
- So how did you get to 2.5 ?
- Play with me a little. Imagine you are doing the most enjoyable part of your book. What are you doing?
- How might you do that?
- Imagine standing in front of your schedule and focusing also on … How would you do that?
- If you could begin to design what you want in this week, how would you do it?
- If you are making progress on your book, how would you know you have gotten your results?
- If you would bring back your experience of what has you write your book. And its progressing. What would be the best possible use of your time?
- I got your tone of voice. It sounds you want to do it.
- So one option is .. See yourself doing that. What would you been doing?
- I heard a thoughtful tone of voice here. Is this important?
- By when are you starting this project?
- Describe that day. If you would see yourself how you are doing that – what do you see?
- Do you like what you see?
- What was the value of that for you?